Thursday, February 19, 2015

Easy Homemade Brownies

Who doesn't love sweets?

With most of the continental U.S. under not-so-favorable weather, it's hard to keep boredom from catching up! Today is day 4 of snow and ice barricading me inside the house and although I totally don't mind lounging around all day, my toddler is NOT okay with that. Finding ways to keep the both of us busy is a hard task. But there is one thing he does love... Cooking!

When it's time to cook breakfast, lunch, or dinner, I always try to draw his attention by making it seem exciting. Usually, it's by telling him "We gotta fix supper for Daddy!" and he'll come running to help me. 

So when I caught him standing on the back of the couch, playing with the thermostat, I knew I was in for it today. 

My child and husband both love chocolate, so why not entice him into making something he'll love?

What you will need:

  • 1/2 cup Flour
  • 1 cup Sugar
  • 1/3 cup Cocoa
  • 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
  • 1/4 tsp Salt
  • 2 Eggs
  • 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
  • 1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
  1. Preheat oven at 350 degrees.
  2. Mix dry ingredients (flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, and salt) together in a bowl until well blended.
  3. Add eggs, vanilla extract, and vegetable oil into dry ingredients and mix until smooth.
  4. Pour mix into glass baking dish and bake approximately 10 minutes until well done.
Once you remove your brownies from the oven, poke a small hole in the center to make sure they are thoroughly done. After cooking down, cut brownies into squares and dig in!


No comments:

Post a Comment