Sunday, February 15, 2015

DIY Inexpensive Under Cabinet Lighting

The last few weeks we've been prepping our new house to move in!  We have reconfigured rooms (dining room to living room, living room to master bedroom, bonus room to walk-in dressing room), added wood to walls, stained stairs, & my parents even had a new kitchen floor installed!


While my lovely husband has been doing most of the heavy duty work, I've been keeping myself busy by adding small touches that help bring life throughout the home. One of my most recent endeavors.. extra lighting under the cabinets.

I was browsing Pinterest.com when I came across an adorable post that had a tutorial of how to install under cabinet lights with wiring. Well, I'm not that skilled. I also like to keep things cheap. So I made a quick trip to Walmart and decided to stroll down the lighting isle to see what our options were. I found a really awesome LED light bar with a remote control, but it was still too expensive for my taste. A glance down at the bottom shelf revealed this precious gem..


Tap lights! How neat.. I could control which lights I needed and turn them off and on accordingly. But how to attach them underneath each cabinet without destroying the cabinet, light, and causing a huge mess? Velcro strips. Simply attach a velcro strip to the light and another to the cabinet and there you have it!

The best part? They are removable. Something I had never considered before, but can definitely come in handy. If the electricity goes out, if you lose your flashlight; just pop this bad boy off of the cabinet and you've got yourself a handy helper!

Not bad for a pack of $4 lights and $2 Velcro strips.


No comments:

Post a Comment